Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Badminton Trial

Well, after about three years away, I went back down to our local club last night by popular demand. ;o) Oh the shame of it, after 5 minutes on court, I looked like I had run a marathon. The court felt so much bigger than it used to do. But I persevered and quite enjoyed myself.

Much of the old gang were there including a couple of my old partners. I even won a game!

And more importantly, although my body felt a bit run through the mill, my back was on the whole fairly consistent. I will ease my way gently in. It does seem weird that I can actually play squash with none of this trouble but I thought as much.

Well, it was just so great being back on court that I have resolved to keep going back and maybe being able to manage 10 mins before exhaustion kicks in next time. You never know, I may even manage a game of singles again one day.

13 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

the badinton trial. i didnt know u could ride a horse

5:50 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

If I did ride a horse, the poor thing would have significantly more back pain than me :p

8:22 PM  
Blogger phil said...

so those comments i have heard about you been spineless are false then :0)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Certainly, no-one ever accused me of being red and white. ;o)

8:53 AM  
Blogger phil said...

never said red and white, said spineless. u want to get that dyslexia sorted

9:20 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Sorry to be ambiguous, I was using it as a synonym ;o)

10:37 PM  
Blogger phil said...

you didnt need to insert a hyperlink for synonym on my account but maybe it was for other readers of this. as far as i know spineless and red and white are about as different in meaning as sat nav and direct route are to you :o)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

touche (I'll spare you the hyperlink ;o) )

8:25 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Maybe you two should start a fitness campaign together - it sounds like you're both about the same level of fitness! :-p you could have a competition!

4:12 PM  
Blogger phil said...

too fat for a competition!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so am i

9:20 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Did 50 press ups straight off the bat last night, just to prove I still could.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Freedom Bound said...

Why were you using a bat for press ups??? The mind boggles......

2:17 AM  
Blogger phil said...

freedom, he told you why. was to see if he still could lol

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home