Monday, February 27, 2006

Swings and Roundabouts


Hey, look at this. It is still February. And even cooler still, it is still February 2006!

Well, I am aching all over.

Just come back from a fantastic adventure weekend with the greatest set of young people ever. Even if they did encourage me to put me in the condition I now find myself in (though I do feel relief coming on).

As well as all that running around, there was plenty of heavy discussion and opportunity of seeing great people grow into even greater people (and to grow myself of course). The question that I keep asking myself is, where is the sacrifice for me. I try hard to sacrifice for Him that knows everything, but the harder I try, the more I seem to get out of it. It doesn't seem right. However, a weekend away from home does put quite a bit of strain on Mrs Evo, it seems I get the fun and she makes the sacrifice - that makes me feel worse. But I do love her for it.

Thanks for everything God, especially Mrs Evo, she was your best idea yet ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Evo1 said...

Had I had the forethought to give this message a title, I think it would have been "Swings and Roundabouts" But I didn't.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Oooooh! Two posts in one month!!!!

(recovers from faint) ;0)

Glad you had such a good time being sacrificial. It's true, though, when you try it, some of those things that seem like a big sacrifice can give you a lot back in return.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

I guess if you have a few kids its hard to blog. Its always nice to read new posts though :-) I find its a good way to keep friends and family updated rather than sending out great tomes in e mails

11:34 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

True indeed Mark,

However, people rubbish at blogging tend to be rubbish at keeping friends and family up to date as well. Especially when said friends and family dont know their Hearts from their email. (Hearts is the cracking card game immortalised by the PC but sadly becoming less popular)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home