Monday, March 13, 2006

I Apologise

It has been a week of apologies for me (though not for my rants below, I hold firm to those views comewhat May - which is actually only seven or eight weeks time anyway).

Last Sunday, down at the yoof group, due to a silly scaring contest I seem to have got into with one of the teens, said teen jumped on my back - yes, my bad back, and I instinctively ejected said teen as I thought, in a gentle manner. It was subsequently pointed out to me that said teen had actually been catapulted into a door with not inconsiderable pace. So I had to buy some chocs. (Just a box of milk chocs straight off the shelf with no complicated questions - just straight into a brown paper bag, no eye contact with cashier whatsoever ;))

Now last night, I handed them over with a sincere apology and a suggestion that we should call a truce on the scare contest - which was flatly turned down.

All well and good, she seemed very pleased with the chocs. But then, later on, during a game of Chinese Laundry, I made the foolhardy mistake of asking the three "gangs" to bring me a rugby ball. There only was one rugby ball. Pandamonium broke out. There was one of the biggest scrums you ever did see on the floor. Arms and Legs every which way you looked. This went on for around 15 mins.

Carpet burns, squashed limbs, kicked bits and pieces. And all of it my fault.

To cap all of this, I have just heard that one of them was actually rather ill on my nutty chocolates.

Oh well, having just realised that next year, Mrs Evo and I will have been together for twenty years, I should be pretty good at being in the wrong.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

. . . and it's "being so cheerful" as keeps you going!

You don't look old enough to have been married 20 years, but as you have (nearly) maybe your parents were old enough to repeat the above catch phrase to you.

Or maybe you were a child bridegroom. ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

We met nearly twenty years ago, only been married for 13.

Cor it sounds a long time when put like that ;)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Well, we've been married over 20 years and we met four and a half years before that, so it must have been 26 years back in February.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Good Grief, Im so old, I remember when u met!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

You will have to wait another 20 years for that I'm afraid.

No, I mean I really am afraid ;o)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home