Tuesday, March 07, 2006

How come I didn't see this TITLE box last time?

OK, so it's March - the month following my last entry, I'm going to let that fact go for fear of becoming repetitive. for fear of becoming repetitive. for fear... OK, serious thought time.

I've been encouraged to think a bit more deeply about life. It might help develop my social conscience and make me a more rounded individual but more importantly, it might just promote this blog from non descript to: almost non descript really. I am aiming low.

Manipulation.
That's a word I have been thinking about recently. TV, Radio, Billboards, Posters, Door to door salesmen. Everyone is trying to lead us down their garden paths and I am fed up of it!

Take colours for instance. Not that I would ever be interested in redecorating in Evo towers you understand (actually, there is a simple rule in our house, whoever notices the place needs a lick of paint, does it. It has worked well over the years) but if I was, I would be interested in buying paint of a particular colour. I don't have a favourite colour, but here's a few that spring to mind: orange, yellow, blue, red. But can you get your hands on these colours? I doubt it. The shop would seem more keen to hoodwink us into believing that these are colours: Moon shadow, Winter glow, Whisper of autumn.

Whisper of Autumn? Who said that? Did you say that? Was it you? Oh no Evo, that would have been the whisper of autumn you could hear.

Hm, methinks the sales guy is having a laugh at our expense. And what about these, Peach, Avocado, Apple. These are fruit I tell you, at least they were.

But maybe this brings us onto the issue of food and now this habit has really started to get me down.

What kind of curry do you like? I like chicken. The meat I like in my curry is chicken. These days, can you get your hands on chicken? You cannot. There is plenty of Corn fed at three O'clock in the afternoon, Californian Ridge, virgin - never been kissed, tenderised and sprinkled in the finest herbs of all kinds Chicken and I am fed up of it. This is not just chicken (say the highstreet name that you must know). WELL GO AND GET ME SOME JUST CHICKEN then, that's what I asked for.

There's more, I'm just a bit exhausted at the minute and I shall have to do some work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.

I'm afraid it has to be free-range chicken for me. Not keen on the cornfed sort and don't like to think I'm the reason any poor bird has to suffer in a cramped battery cage.

9:53 PM  
Blogger phil said...

so true, you try ordering a chicken curry, you will be asked do you want, madras, vindaloo, tikka, pasander,bhuma,phaal. etc. when you arent bloody bothered, you have had 10 pints, you know in your heart of hearts you aint gonna eat it anyway.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home