Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What a Cracker of a Weekend

Well, that was a smashing weekend.

I am wiped out of course. I think I managed to notch up just into double figures for hours slept over the last four nights whilst also driving there and back with a car full of teen (you know who you are). Fortunatley for me, I was kept awake on the way back by the sound of nails scraping down a blackboard which is apparently what passes for popular music these days. Can you believe the album was called NOW 64! I have the original "Now thats what I call Music" in my vinyl collection. Someone promise me they don't still only do one per year.

Another excellent year at Greenbelt. I seemed to have many duties though this year. Not only was I with my surrogate youth group, I also had many of my own youth group all around me too which was lovely. And as well as that, I took my eldest two daughters plus eldests friend. The two older ones really enjoyed their freedom but Evo1.2 really struggled on her own. But massive thanks go to Mr and Mrs Superslug who took her in practically for the whole time - their daughter is Evo1.2's best pal.

This year was memorable as Karin and I finally met up in the flesh. It is so good to have a face to go with a name. As one might expect, we met in the tiny tea tent.

Greenbelt would not have been even a fraction as enjoyable however had it not been for sociable and reserved beer tent visits with Freedom Bound, Polly Nate and Phil Ward and their friends. I thank them immensely for not tolerating an obnoxious fundamentalist such as moi but instead welcoming me into their bossom with acceptance :-)(please, no innuendo). - Oh, a quick mention to Tina whose femminine perspecive subverted fisticuffs between FB and myself and also who's detective work pointed out how similar the same ruffians are with reference to our hand washing habits.

I couldn't of course fail to mention the last nights final excitement of fellowshipping with my loyal youth - the ones I was giving a lift to. Sadly, it will have to go unmentioned because they all fell asleep before we were due to go. Though Lucy did revive herself - the others really symbolise what the next generation are coming to ;-)

But thank you all for making it a very memorable experience and one which I sincerely hope to repeat next year.

For old times sake,

Love,

Evo1

13 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Sad to have missed you...but a friendly text was very heart warming, anyway!
Next year?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Sad to have missed you too Kathryn.

It is a date for next year!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Sounds like a good weekend was had by all :-)

It wasn't the Grapevine thing in Lincoln was it? That was about 10 miles from my house, and was the biggest christian gathering of its type I think, I heard on the radio - it certainly slowed traffic down a bit on the A1500 :-)

12:15 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

No, I hve never been to Grapevine. This one is called Greenbelt. Not sure on numbers, probably about 20,000 or so. It's held on the racecourse at Cheltenham.

Are you coming on Friday? How about your mum and dad?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Morning Evo - I was intending to come tonight, however I have lost my voice and am full of flu :-( Im off work today

8:57 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

No probs Mark,

Get yourself to bed with a hot toddy.

I think we have in excess of 100 people coming tonight and i'm starting to get scared.

Especially since the only food I have is five loaves and a couple of fish.

Fortunately, a friend of mine knows an excellent trick with just this apparatus ;)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hope you got plenty of Tea.....Boring I know but someones got to drive and I certainly not drink & drive. Anyhows I dont need alcohol to have a good time, and contrary to what people believe about me I am not an alkie.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Yup, plenty of tea and coke and pop and such like.

If you would like, I'm sure there will be a little room on one of my floors and we have lots of sleeping bags and things.

See ya later.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I would love to stay but unfortunately my hairdresser is calling first thing in the morning,. Maybe next time. Plus I am sure I'll have to get Kat home for Sam.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Don't you mean aroun 10PM n Friday evening?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Anyhow I dont thing Evos dad will manage to carry me up the stairs any longer I weigh slightly more than the last time he did it.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Graeme said...

heee heee, I'm still laughing at the "please tell me they only do one Now That's What I Call Music a year"! What ya gonna do if we say yes?!!

Graeme xx

10:15 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

I've not really thought that far ahead Graeme, but I imagine one of the first things would to be to get in touch with the council about my overdue bus pass ;)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home