Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Update on Size

It's been a while since I mentioned the Slimming World performance.

Well, I got my stone and a half certificate this week - now up to 1st 7.5 off since starting there - and just over two stone since the beginning of the year.

But more importantly, I was wearing those 34" trousers on Sunday - all day. OK, they were not the most comfortable clothes ever but it was worth it. They should only get more comfy.

But I have another stone and a half to go and that seems like a long slog. Who knows, I might even see 32" - surely not, I was about 14 last time I would have fit those. - Yrs old that is!

And the game of squash I mentioned - I did enjoy it - but I felt my back twinge pretty strongly and so I am coming to terms with the possibility that I might not be able to play properly again - I still don't count messing about with some of the younger brethren since I don't really have to move very much with them. If I have to stop playing squash, that will be a big blow for me. OK, I am still running every day and that must be good for me - but one cannot get away from the fact that it is mind numbingly boring!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

34" sounds pretty respectable. Even hubby goes for 32" these days and he is still very much slimmer than average. You don't want to turn into a male version of Kate Moss!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Music as a means of relaxing the boredom - not a bad idea - but I run on the road, I might be a bit worried about losing concentration - I should hate to fall into a burning ring of fire.

And Karin, not much fear of me being Mossified lol.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Nice one, Tubbs :-) Keep it up...Well you do have 4 kids so you have no problems there LOL!

When I run, I find I concentrate really well. I used to run around Malvern in my lunch hour and found I had a much clearer mind after doing so. You obviously dont have enough stuff to think about!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

I'm not losing concentration, I just might if I start listening to music - and I sometimes get quite close to some friendly cars that seem to enjoy getting up close and personal with Evo.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home