Thursday, July 20, 2006

Love Others as I have Loved you!

In all my days studying evolution and earning my evo stripes, two things stick in my mind as particular difficulties for the great Darwin (I'm sure probably not insurmountable with a lot of bending but nevertheless, very tricky points). The first one is farming - but you don't want to hear about that - why is that interesting? The second one is altruism. Now some people might offer "sort-of" explanations for altruism but it is far from being fully packaged up just yet.

Now John, in one of his letters says something which you have probably heard time after time after time. That is, that "God is love".

But as the discussion has already led us to question, "you can't see God, so how can he be real?" So I wanted to throw in a cuddly question here. You cannot see love - the thing which God allegedly IS, so how do we know that love is real?

Hands up everyone that is loved or that loves someone? Be it husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/dog/goldfish/brother/sister/son/daughter?? Answer me honestly now, and then lets talk about why you believe that to be the case.

I dare you to take this seriously - go on, let's hear from you.

Let me be the first off the block, I love and am loved. How do I know? I don't have any evidence, and yet I know it. I sense it in my spirit body and soul - and I can even only see one out of those three too!

7 Comments:

Blogger Evo1 said...

BTW, Well done to Lucy for winning the ten bonus points below!

4:45 PM  
Blogger phil said...

sick of religion now, not running away, got to a dead end or owt like that so im not commenting for any other reason than its getting on my tits now, i dont know how you can keep interested in a fictitional hero character.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Thought that might flush you out. Is love fictional in your view?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I am just struck by how poorly I love. I don't love anyone with the kind of love with which God loves me. On the other hand I think I do care about others more than I used to.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

But you do see the point though, if Jesus is just a fictional character to someone - and not know to them personally, how on earth could that be interesting?

I often say to people who have actually spent years going to church because they thought it was "the right thing to do" - they do exist - and yet they don't believe in any of it, "Why oh Why do you go? It must be so boring for you"

Right or wrong, that is what I say.

It must be like sitting through a foreign film.

So I truly understand where Phil is coming from - and I don't mean anything by that other than what you see. Hopefully though, one day he might bump into the real Jesus and not the ictional one he has a problem with - perhaps in the way Karin just mentioned - that is one part of how it happened to me too :o)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Thats Karin's comment about meeting someone with "a divine spark" which happens to connesct with you. - It's on one of the blogs below.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

How can religion get on your tits phil???? You, like me, do not have any !!!!!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home