Saturday, July 22, 2006

If you dish it out

You must be able to take it coming back.

Number one rule of life but how many of us fall down here.

Now I get a good ribbing from all and sundry and I don't mind that. I usually help out. As I mentioned on another blog recently, whilst people are picking on me, I know some other poor unfortunate is being left alone.

But if there's one thing I find poor form, it's when the pressure is turned up on the bulys and they can't hack it. I remember when I was the new boy at work many years back now, one of my managers, out for a welcome evening with us started to mercilessly berate the six of us new boys and girls.

Now, totally innoccuous, I just happened to observe that this guy had a stunning resemblance to Benny off Crossroads. Oh dear, so began a lifetime of dispute. He took a distinct dislike to me - but kept his mouth shut for the rest of the night I might add. Irony is, his wife is now best of buddies with Mrs Evo. I think he is actually a cracking bloke, but he just can't get past the Benny thing - oh, there are a few other wind ups as well which grew up in similar circumstances, I just can't resist.

Now I admit I have been a bit rough on fellow blogger but deliberate insulter, Phil. It seems now he is a bit upset that I've treated him unjustly. Sorry Phil, I don't really think you are a Dumbo.

Actually, you are probably in my top ten of ideal trivial pursuit partners.

Go on, say it, just the once for me: "Miss Diane" ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Evo1 said...

Phil posted pretty graciously to Laura just now on the "Where does God live" thread.

I for one am willing to let that be an end of it.

Thanks Phil.

8:30 PM  
Blogger phil said...

no problem like i said before i tried to end it last night with my post, i thought it was pretty well written myself. just one thing, you could have mentioned to me that there was something that needed my attention on a previous thread as we had agreed to move from there you might have realised that i wasnt ignoring it but infact had just not seen it, i would never knowingly ignore anyone.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

I left that to Laura, you would see below the comment that I'd told her just that. And I have brought your attention to it haven't I?

9:28 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

In case we don't see Laura again, I'd just like to answer for her on this one.

She said, "So tell me is it ok for you to insult our religion and try and explain your disbelief?? But it's not ok for us to be baffled about your atheism and try and explain it to you?"

And Phil said, "there is just one thing i must say to you and it may have just been written wrong you said if i want to ridicule your religion surely you should be able to explain my atheism to me, well im sorry but i dont need that explaining"

To try to pick the pieces out of this, Laura said why is it OK for yout to explain your atheism but not for us to try to explain our belief? That's the way I read what she has put anyway. Your answer seems to try to deny her the right to reply. What do you think?

6:47 AM  
Blogger phil said...

i have just been back and re read it and i will apologise i did read it wrong the first time.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Have a lovely time Loz, see you when you get back.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home