Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Well, yesterday was all a bit of a cloud.

On Friday, Evo1.2 was chasing Evo1.1 down the stairs and caused her to fall down the bottom couple of steps. She complained about it being a bit painful but as true caring parents, we told her to belt up and get to bed. Well, yesterday it was still hurting her a bit across the top of her foot so I took her to casualty.

Four and a half hours later, it is confirmed she has a broken metatarsal - or near there anyway. No PE for a couple of months and potentially no school for a few days.

But after four and a half hours in the waiting, you are sort of confronted with these weird thoughts of satisfaction. Imagine If we'd waited that long and nothing had been wrong? At least we didn't waste our time.

Oh well, she seemed very pleased with her break and couldn't wait to tell all of her friends about it.

I can't remember this, can anyone else?

Oh well, perhaps it is a girl thing.

Happy New Year to all from all at Evoland.

8 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

And a Happy New Year to you and yours, Evo.

Glad it was only a metatarsal. It sounds like Evo 1.1 will enjoy all the attention. Hope it heals nicely and no one breaks anything else.

God bless.

Karin

3:41 PM  
Blogger phil said...

look at all the fuss when beckham did his!! she was just after some attention after all he got plenty.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I know how Evo 1.1 feels. Stubbed by toe on a pot last night going to bed. Poor toe is now black. Dont think I'll bother going to A & E though as I they dont do anything.

2:07 PM  
Blogger phil said...

angela must have been drinking a lot this new year, either that or she is writing in a new code we havent decyphered yet?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Phil, I drank a couple of glasses of wine on Wednesday night when I stubbed my toe. However, over the new year I actually had 1 half of cider on Saturday night and 1 sip of champagne on new years eve. The reason for this was I was driving as I went out to west of the river on both nights. So all in all, no I haven't drunk a lot :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Im sacking drink off this month. Fed up of December 'silly season'. I think my liver knows who's boss now, so I'll let it off this month :-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

"Wisdom comes from the East - and yes, I do mean Hull." - Spotted on this blog http://www.johndavies.org/

LOL

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Don't make me start again! :-D

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home