Friday, June 09, 2006

I wonder how things will finish off today

Well, the thing I was dreading most happened at 4PM on Wednesday - just 2 days before completion. The whole thing fell over.

And the skies turned black and the rains came and all around was empty. And then we picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves off and put our thinking caps on and looked for another way of getting to where we needed to be.

But at 9PM, the whole thing resurrected itself again and we are back on for today. Amazing.

I still have a difficult conversation to have with my Gaelic friend but I think I more or less have the upper hand now. I am so ready to forget all about this one. Just glad that come this afternoon, that should be it, consigned to the archive.

(We move a week on Tuesday regardless).

10 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Hope it went all right, then, and that all is well or improving.

10:49 PM  
Blogger phil said...

what was that device called in the second world? ah yes enigma!!!! think we need the help of that thing here to break this code.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Sorry, I may have relaxed into a bit of corporate financier BS - A sort of up market football commentary.

But still: kind, caring, compassionate - as thetruthmonkey would say the three C's - all that I've come to expect from my favourite unc.

(The deal went through btw, though I am now locked in a bit of a battle with the Irish - who has got the biggest and all that. (I'll let you know who has the biggest in due course)

8:44 AM  
Blogger phil said...

youve lost me and i know more bs than most

10:33 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

For everyone who's ever asked me that difficult question for any corporate professional,"what exactly do you do then" there's a good answer for you. We interpret BS (for the right fee of course ;) ). But we do put a lot of it there in the first place.

6:09 AM  
Blogger phil said...

thats just bs.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

That maybe so but it just cost you £200 and a tank full of diesel ;)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Evo1 said...

Oh yu might be in a position now to recognise the irony (lost on most) of our calling ourselves "BlueSky Corporate Finance" - I love it.

3:08 PM  
Blogger phil said...

wouldnt be the first time ive bought your diesel

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home